Persons receiving a juror summons from the Douglas County Clerk’s Office have been randomly chosen from the pool of prospective jurors for a one month jury term.
Prospective jurors must immediately complete and return the juror questionnaire. All information received will be treated confidentially. It is important to provide complete information so that the court can either qualify you to serve or excuse you from service.
General Jury Information
Please submit Jury Summons to Douglas County Clerk, PO Box 516, Waterville, WA 98858
Report for Jury Duty at Douglas County Superior Court in Waterville.
Douglas County Jury Information Line – (509) 745-8529 ext 7
For additional information on jury service, see A Juror’s Guide
For more information on the court system, see A Citizen’s Guide to Washington State Courts
Without you, there is no justice
Important Notice to Jurors
Jurors are selected at random from lists of voter registrations, drivers licenses, and Washington State identification cards for residents of Douglas County. The lists are combined and duplicate names are eliminated. However, different spellings or name variations may result in duplication. All jurors who serve on jury duty must meet all eligibility requirements.
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Reside in Douglas County
- Be able to communicate in the English language (RCW 2.36.070)
- Not be a convicted felon or if convicted, must have had his or her rights restored
- Very few people are excused from jury duty. RCW 2.36.100 states that no person may be excused from jury service by the court except upon showing undue hardship, extreme inconvenience, public necessity, or any reason deemed sufficient by the court for the period of time the court deems necessary.
Jurors are paid $15.00 per day plus mileage. Mileage rates are set by the State annually. Checks are usually mailed at the end of each trial.
RCW: 2.36.170: It is a crime for any person summoned for jury service to intentionally fail to appear as directed.