The Douglas County Planning Commission is a seven-member body appointed by the Board of Commissioners to assist the Land Services division in preparing recommendations on planning matters and development regulations. The Planning Commission serves as a place for public input into the comprehensive planning process in Douglas County so that citizens can help determine the most prudent course of action to take to promote the well-being of the county and our environment for the citizens of the generations yet born.
The Planning Commission consists of volunteer members who are appointed by the Board of Commissioners, two from each commissioner district and one at-large position. Member terms are four years in length.
The current members of the Douglas County Planning Commission and the community areas/Commissioner Districts they live in are:
- Robert Knowles , East Wenatchee (District 1)
- Chuck Crouch , East Wenatchee (District 1)
- Roger Miller , East Wenatchee (District 2)
- David Linville, Palisades (District 2)
- Norman Cavadini, Bridgeport (District 3)
- Michael Machado, East Wenatchee (District 3)
- Wayne Hawks, East Wenatchee (At-large)
Planning Commission meetings are normally held on the second Wednesday of each month. Follow the Current Agenda link on the left side of this page for upcoming meeting announcements or contact Land Services staff at 140 19th St NW, East Wenatchee, WA 98802 or call (509) 884-7173 for additional information.