District Court Jurisdiction
District Court has jurisdiction to conduct:
- Criminal cases involving misdemeanors and gross misdemeanors, RCW 3.66.060
- Preliminary hearings in felony cases, RCW 3.02.010(d)
- Traffic infraction cases, RCW 3.66.060(5)
- Civil cases in which the amount in controversy does not exceed seventy-five thousand dollars ($75,000), RCW 3.66.020(4)
- Small claim controversy up to five thousand dollars ($5,000), RCW 12.40.010
- Civil protection orders, RCW 26.50, 10.14
- Name changes, RCW 4.24.130(1)
- Vehicle impound cases, RCW 46.55
The District Court uses AllianceOne for accounts turned over to collection (800) 283-4430.
The Probation Department monitors compliance with sentencing conditions as set by the judge.